About Us

Travelling can be a bit tricky if you have never really done it before, particularly in places like Europe and the UK. There are different regulations and laws to deal with and you may need to take information and items with you that you would not typically carry in your own country of residence.

Travelling By Car

For residents of the UK for example, driving in main land Europe means driving on the right hand side of the road and when hiring a car also means you have to get used to a left hand drive car as opposed to the right hand drive cars you will be more familiar with, of course this can happen in reverse if you take a vehicle from a left hand drive country to a right hand drive country.

If you are driving your own car through Europe or any other country besides your own, make sure that you take original documents and photocopies of:

  • Driving license
  • Vehicle registration document
  • Motor insurance certificate

The vehicle should be fully legal and safe to drive, i.e. should meet the legal requirements of your country of residence for driving it and the country you plan to visit. You might have to look up the local laws of the destination country to make sure you do not break any legal requirements for driving there.

Most European countries for example have minimum equipment requirements for driving, these could include items like a warning triangle, high visibility vests or a first aid kit. So it is always worth getting a motoring kit to make sure you stay within the law and actually can operate more safely if you do have a problem.

It is also a good idea to arrange motor breakdown recovery insurance, getting your car back home after a breakdown could mean significant cost if you do not have it.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6304773